Genie Retail Energy
Sales Support Specialist
Responsibility of the Sales Support department is to provide sales support for residential & commercial sales generated through all sales channels as well as serve as liaison for all vendors to several Genie Retail Energy departments. Additionally, heavy daily interface is required with various departments to ensure compliance and that all internal and external systems are functioning properly to be able to carry out from pre-sale preparation to post-sale closing to retention.
Sales Support Specialist
- Daily interface with various departments to ensure compliance and support for all sales channels.
- Distribute Training Material to sales team based on direction from Sales Management. This includes PowerPoints but not limited to:
- To Sales workflows (pka scripts) for each state.
- Sales Sheets (in-person handout) by state and Rate Sheets.
- Enrollment forms (contracts & terms of service) by state.
- Maintain relationships with third party vendors. This includes but not limited to:
- Third Party Verifications (TPV)
- Enrollment App Developers
- Maintain relationship with lead vendors.
- Oversee storage unit that includes in-person sales inventory.
- This includes, but not limited to: Polos, hats, winter beanie / headbands / windbreakers, lanyards, bi-fold brochures, pens, table clothes, and other customer giveaway items.
- Pack, mail, and track in-person sales collateral deliveries.
- Monitor daily enrollment file for errors.
- Submit and monitor JIRA tickets when needed.
- Assist with other sales support projects as needed.
2 years of sales support experience.
Energy experience but will consider telecom.
Physical stamina is needed to stand for long periods of time, while manual dexterity is necessary for manipulating goods and boxes. Physical activities as required, including but not limited to: prolonged standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, and bending.
Education Required: High School graduate.
Competencies Required: Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality sales; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Software/ Keyboarding Knowledge Required: Proficient level with typing (50+ wpm), data entry, and Microsoft office products.
Must have highly developed organizational skills, problem solving skills, time management and prioritization skills. Special interpersonal skills required for establishing and maintaining constructive and collaborative relationships that support the sharing of information and vendor success. Demonstrate great attention to detail and ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization to identify opportunities, and develop and implement solutions. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills characterized by ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this department/job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel classified for this department or job.